January 06, 2005

Who ate my Alligator pie?

School started, again. Objectively, I have a more challenging class this year. 8 students, about half of whom would give my blood pressure reasons to rise. However, strangely, I feel much happier this term and more in control. I still ask myself why did I have to do this, particularly every morning when I had to drag myself out of bed at 6am. But, once in action, I feel more ready and confident in my role compared to last term.

And I really have to. 'Cos my co-teacher of our class is a new staff member. She still needs time to adjust and assert her style of teaching and class management. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm the only 'old' one in my class cos new students, new co-teacher. I had to orientate the students and the teacher too. I had to lead the class most of the time this week. The plus point is, my students already know who's boss by now.

But, I've been having a lot of fun as soon as the dismissal bell goes off. Sounds incredible? It is indeed the truth. There is a new bunch of staff this year. Many of whom are in their mid or late twenties. The average age of my work community has been pulled down a fair bit by their entry. It's a lot of fun. As usual, I quickly became a figure of irony as they start to know me as a 'rather crappy' and 'drama' colleague rather than 'gentle' and 'demure'. Like I always say, "I put what my Mum gave me to the best use. Life is full of surprises." *wink*

Coughing a bit now though. Anybody has good remedy or good concoctions to protect the vocals, esp in my line of work? Any fellow teachers, maybe? Leave a comment ok! I'm serious.

xxx

$2 a day

My sis has decided to switch our online plan to the kind where you only pay for the day when you log on to internet. So, if you don't use everyday, you actually don't have to pay. That means I no longer have the luxury of going online as and when I like even for just checking emails for 3 mins. Or blogging for 10 mins.

Hence, expect to see less of me on MSN and even lesser of my blog entries. But if I do log on, in school or at home, I'm sure to make it worth the $2. So, pls keep updating your blogs, fellow bloggers! =)

Cheers!

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 15:42